Monday, January 26, 2009

Table runner

Yesterday I was in Z Gallerie, which is a new store for me. They had a lot of interesting and unique items, but one that really caught my eye was this table runner. In the store more of the stones were pale blue and chocolate brown-a color combo that I love. I think it would be fantastic for an outdoor dinner party. Although intrigued by the table runner, I didn't end up buying it...the fact that my husband and I don't have a deck and still can't decide on a dining room/kitchen table being a few reasons!

Even though I didn't buy the table runner, it really got me thinking. I have a large glass jar filled with sea glass from my last trip to Scotland and I've been trying to think of a way to display it, so that you can really see the designs on the china pieces and etches in the glass. At some point I thought I'd use it in a mosaic-perhaps on a mirror. But, I hadn't thought of a table runner! I'm so excited to go home from work today to lay out all of my glass and china pieces and see if I have enough flat pieces that would work.

No comments: